CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, August 10, 2009

Quiet Books

I've been wanting to make a Quiet Book since my oldest was little. Well it's never happened. I keep collecting ideas just in case I ever get around to it.



Religious Theme, full tutorial.

http://www.mormonchic.com/crafty/quietbook_church.asp

Another Religious one.
(The first link is for the directions, the next two are pictures of the completed pages.)
http://www.theideadoor.com/Printables/how_to_make_an_lds_quiet_book_by.htm
http://www.theideadoor.com/images/Quiet%20Book/1photoQBgc.jpg
http://www.theideadoor.com/images/Quiet%20Book/2photoQBgc.jpg



This is just like the one my Mom made for me when I was little.
http://www.quietbook.blogspot.com/


Here are some really cute ideas, like the name page. Keep scrolling down to her other posts for her other page ideas.

http://homemadebyjill.blogspot.com/


This one is pretty basic.

http://www.makeandtakes.com/a-little-peace-and-quiet


Martha Stewart's instructions. http://www.marthastewart.com/portal/site/mslo/menuitem.0e0eb51a2e6b5ad593598e10d373a0a0/?vgnextoid=689876ecfd22f010VgnVCM1000003d370a0aRCRD&rsc=also_try

I like the idea of using coloring books for your inspiration.
http://naptimejournal.blogspot.com/2009/04/quiet-book-ideas.html
http://naptimejournal.blogspot.com/2009/05/quiet-book-pagesyou-asked-for-them.html

More sites to get ideas:
http://www.tctwest.net/~dcdesign/quietbook.html#MotherGooseRhymes
http://www.time4felt.com/quiet-books.html
http://www.countryfolkcollection.com/category.php?category_id=59

1 comment:

lori said...

I'm like you, I even had the materials for one when Dylan was a toddler, but never got past the Noah's ark page. I hate to look through boxes in the garage and find all of my never-finished projects.