CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Salad audition

Today I made this Asian Chicken Salad for lunch. I had planned on making it for dinner but couldn't wait. It was OK. I have tried other recipes that I like better. Every once in a while my Mom brings me one from a local restaurant where they put Cilantro in the salad, that makes it really good. (I fried my own Wonton noodles for the first time for this recipe. They turned out pretty good. I did make the mistake of putting too many in the pan at once though.) While visiting the site today, I discovered that P-DUB now has her recipes indexed. This is very exciting because I've found lots of recipes of hers that I love, and I refer to them often. The index page is found here.

Make sure to check out her post with the entries for the Dairy Contest, I've found some really good recipes there too. Here are a couple of my favorites. (I'm pretty sure this is where I got these recipes, but I'm not going back through them all to double check.)


Sopapilla Cheesecake
Ingredients:
2 cans crescent rolls
2 8-ounce packages cream cheese
1 ½ cups sugar
1 ½ tsp. vanilla
1 stick butter
1 ½ tsp. cinnamon
½ cup sugar
Directions:
Preheat oven to 350. Spray 9×13 pan with nonstick cooking spray. Place 1 package crescent rolls in sprayed pan. Beat cream cheese, sugar (1-1/2 cups) and vanilla till fluffy. Spread over crescent rolls. Place second package crescent rolls over cream cheese mixture. Melt 1 stick of butter and pour over crescent rolls. Mix 1-1/2 tsp cinnamon and 1/2 cup sugar and sprinkle on top. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until golden brown. Can be topped with fruit topping or served warm with ice cream. (We like it best cold.)


Brushetta Chicken Bake- (Tastes just like pizza.)
Ingredients:
1 can diced tomatoes, undrained (I use the kind with the chilies added, and I puree it in the blender.)
1 pkg chicken Stove Top Stuffing
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup hot water
1 1/2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into pieces or leave whole
1 tsp. dried basil
1 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Combine first four ingredients in bowl and mix until moistened.
3. Place chicken in 9x13 baking dish and sprinkle with basil and Mozzarella.
4. Top with Stuffing Mixture.
5. Bake 30 minutes, or until chicken is cooked.

No comments: