For Father's Day cards, I helped the kids make marbleized paper using an idea from Family Fun that I saw demonstrated on The View last week. I can't find the instructions online so I'll just explain it.
1.Using an old cookie sheet, or a tray, spread out some white shaving cream.
2. Next, place some dots of food coloring around on the cream, and marbleize it with a toothpick (after using the toothpick we tried a Popsicle stick which we decided spread the color around better).
3. Now lay a piece of card stock on the cream and gently rub to transfer the color to the paper.
4. The last step is to use a squeegee (like the one used for a glass shower door) to remove the shaving cream, and it helps to spread the color a little bit too. Then let dry.
I found that this project was OK for my 3 year old, but he got his hands stained from the food coloring, and it was a little stressful keeping an eye on him while helping the other kids. I think four and up would be a better age.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment