I have some Doves making a nest on the fence outside my dining room window, where I have been sewing baby related items. Do you see the irony in that? It's actually interesting to see the male and female working together to gather the items and then weave them into the nest. I've also noticed that sometimes the male steps on the female to get to the other side. Also ironic. How often do we "step" on our spouse while involved in mutual projects? Anyway, enough of my "deep thoughts" for today (Can you name where I got that from? Just a little pop culture quiz for the day).
In the last few days I've read some really good articles on parenting that have helped to recharge me in my efforts. I think it's something we're all in need of every once in a while, even if you think you are the best parent ever (which is not me, just to clarify).
Here are the links:
http://www.ldsmag.com/lineuponline/090420watch.html
http://www.meridianmagazine.com/books/090423trench.html
http://lightrefreshmentsserved.com/2009/04/21/discriminating-minds-wanna-know-say-yes-to-your-kids/
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Alanis Morrisette (I have no idea how to spell her name). That is so funny that you'd ask that because I've had that song stuck in my head since yesterday! How are you? Are you making baby things to prepare for the new little one, or just for fun?
Post a Comment