receiving blankets once he was too big to use them.)
One of my hobbies is Quilting. I wish I had time to do more of it, but in the last few years I've only been able to complete a few quilts. I'm actually just finishing up the binding on one today that is based on this one. When I was in High School, my Mom taught me how to tie quilts, then in College my interest was deepened when I met my husband's Aunt S. Then I started doing pieced tops and hand quilting. Now I'm on to machine quilting (thanks to finally getting a walking foot) and have even had one quilted professionally with a long arm. I had a tradition of making quilts for all of my new nieces and nephews but then along with having my own children, I couldn't keep that up. I've used some store bought patterns but usually I just make them up from something that I've been inspired by. I have several ideas that I've found on blogs that have been bookmarked for future projects. I just found out about a Virtual Quilt Festival where people link in to show off their quilts. Just go to this post and click away on all of the links. I've looked at a few and hope to have more time soon to check out the others (there are currently 511 links). I'm excited about all of the new ideas I will find.



1 comment:
Why is it that I have this cupboard full of receiving blankets and have never thought to make a quilt with them? My brain doesn't work as creativly as yours. Cute quilt, though. Dylan likes to remind me that I started a quilt about 14 years ago, and got maybe 1/32 of the way done. I have finished others, though.
Post a Comment