CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, May 31, 2009

Rub a dub dub.

My kids love bath time, but sometimes we don't get around to it until everyone is cranky. I usually have some tricks on hand to help us get through without meltdowns.

1. Little pellets from the dollar store that dissolve and reveal a little sponge creature.
2. Baking soda and Epsom Salt, otherwise known as "Bath Sugar" and "Bath Crystals". They create a chemical reaction when mixed with a little water. I haven't done it yet, but I'm going to try a drop of food coloring with this sometime.
3. Store bought tub entertainment like finger paints or tablets that tint the water color. Since these are usually a little expensive, I really don't use them all too often so they remain a novelty.
4. I read this idea here. Freeze little toys in water using ice cube trays, or small containers, and let the kids play with them as they melt.
5. I get cheap shaving cream and let the kids spread it around on the glass shower door. They draw things and make designs in it. This is great for when kids are learning the alphabet, or to practice their spelling words. (Of course this is for the kids that are old enough to keep it away from their eyes.)

What tricks do you use?

1 comment:

The Barb Chronicles said...

Erynn-

Hi. You won aburp cloth from the Rusti Raspberry giveaway! Please go to the blog and tell me your color and please please leave an email so I can get your address.

Thanks

Barb
rusticraspberry.blogspot.com