CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, October 31, 2008

Halloween Party Favors

Here are some really cute ideas for party favors or classroom gifts. I know it's too late for this year,
so save them in a file for 2009.



Cake Pops
http://bakerella.blogspot.com/2008/04/make-your-cupcakes-pop.html
I've made these a couple of times already this week. The Jack-o-lantern version is really cute, and I like the other ideas too. The cupcake ones are amazing! I used chocolate cake, with chocolate frosting, white coating, and Halloween sprinkles. The next time I plan to let the kids do it too, it's just like playing with mud pies!

(Spend some time cruising the rest of the Bakerella site while you're there. She's really creative and has so many other great ideas and lots of recipes too.)

*My tips-
1. Check ahead of time to make sure the pan you use fits in your fridge or freezer. I learned the hard way.
2. Chill the balls to hold them together but don't freeze them completely. It does weird things to the candy coating and it slides off in sheets.
3. I didn't have any Styrofoam to stand them up to dry in, so I used a pizza box.
4. I couldn't find the edible ink pens, but you can order them from here:
http://www.amazon.com/CK-Products-Decorator-Assorted-Colors/dp/B0012DMI1S?ie=UTF8&s=home-garden&qid=1223261176&sr=8-1
5. Don't let your kids eat marshmallows and Halloween candy for breakfast while you're trying to write a blog post. This is going to come back to haunt me!



Halloween Poppers
I really like this idea because it's a change from cellophane bags. It's also a good way to talk to your kids about reusing things, and they can help to decorate them, too!
http://www.bhg.com/holidays/halloween/crafts/halloween-candy-poppers/

No comments: